Crowle

crowle war memorialCrowle War Memorial sits on the corner of High Street and Church Street and features the names of 69 men from the Great War. Constructed by Tyas and Guest of Swinton at a cost of £450 it was unvield and dedicated on Sunday 8th January 1922. Initally proposed for a site in the Market Place, the memorial was eventually placed in a portion of the former vicarage garden facing the High Street. The names are inscribed in gold on a pedestal of polished Balmoral red granite which stands on a hard stone base. On the pedestal is an octagonal spire also of Balmoral red granite, which is topped with a Latin cross of silver, unpolished granite.

Crowle Methodist Church plaque

The plaque to former members of the congregation and Sunday School in Crowle Methodist Chapel

Other men with a Crowle Connection who are not commemorated on either Crowle or Ealand War Memorial